[Mailman-Users] Re: Automatically rejecting posts by non-members

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Apr 12 00:15:28 CEST 2004

On 05:08 AM 4/11/2004, mailman-users-request at python.org wrote:
>We are currently locked into Mailman 2.0.6 until we upgrade our server.

      Are you sure you are locked in?  If it's the Python version that is
keeping you from upgrading Mailman, there is a way around that:

# wget
<http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.3/Python-2.3.3.tgz>http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.3/Python-2.3.3.tgz
# tar xvzf Python-2.3.3.tgz
# cd Python-2.3.3
# ./configure
# make
# make altinstall

The altinstall gives you a new version of Python without messing with the
old one(s).   Then when you configure Mailman just point it to the
alternative version by inclucing:

  --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.3

<>< Paul