[Mailman-Users] Re: Automatically rejecting posts by non-members

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Mon Apr 12 00:32:34 CEST 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:15:28 -0500
Paul H Byerly <paul at thcwd.com> wrote:

> On 05:08 AM 4/11/2004, mailman-users-request at python.org wrote:
> >We are currently locked into Mailman 2.0.6 until we upgrade our
> >server.
>
>       Are you sure you are locked in?  If it's the Python version that
>       is
> keeping you from upgrading Mailman, there is a way around that:
>

> # wget
> <http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.3/Python-2.3.3.tgz>http://www.p
> ython.org/ftp/python/2.3.3/Python-2.3.3.tgz# tar xvzf Python-2.3.3.tgz
> # cd Python-2.3.3
> # ./configure
> # make
> # make altinstall
>
> The altinstall gives you a new version of Python without messing with
> the old one(s).   Then when you configure Mailman just point it to the
>
> alternative version by inclucing:
>
>   --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.3
Actually I did that a while back, but we decided to hold off because we
were in the process of building a new server. There were some other
considerations. it's more that we run about 30 listservs and don't have
the time to deal with a lot of problems.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group