[Mailman-Users] Mail being directed to mailman list

Tom Maddox tmaddox at thereinc.com
Thu Apr 15 18:45:25 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have suddenly encountered an odd (and annoying) problem with Mailman
2.1.4.  One of my lists was blocking earlier today, so I deleted the
stale lock files for that list.  Mail started going through then
stopped, so I stopped Mailman, deleted the new lock files, and restarted
Mailman.  Since then, mail has been going through to that list just
fine, but random messages to any list are now being redirected to the
"mailman" list.  The problem appears to be sporadic and accompanied by
the following sort of error in the Mailman error log:

Apr 14 16:20:14 2004 (89720) lost data files for filebase:
1081984813.297307+e2b0d0d672fe61ea9902dacae0b88d950daf0f05

The regular maillog file does not show any posts to the mailman list,
nor do the Mailman logs, so it's not clear to me what's going on.  None
of the headers of the affected emails show anything unusual either.

I'm pretty sure that I broke something when I deleted the lock files
without shutting down Mailman.  What did I break, and how do I fix it?

TIA,

Tom