[Mailman-Users] Announce Only

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Apr 15 19:39:36 CEST 2004

Paul Reilly  wrote:
>How did you close the list to posts?
>This seems may more complicated than it needs to be.
>I have to turn everyones moderation bit on, under membership
>management. Surely there should be a simple "open" "closed"
>radio check button under Sender Filters.....

      Several options, depending on what you want:

On http://yoursite.tld/mailman/admin/<listname>/general you will find
"Emergency moderation of all list traffic" which will moderate EVERYONE.

On http://yoursite.tld/mailman/admin/<listname>/members at the bottom of
the page you will find "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those
members not currently visible".  Set to On and click set.  Then unmoderated
anyone you want mail to be accepted from.

On http://yoursite.tldmailman/admin/<listname>/privacy/sender you will find
"By default, should new list member postings be moderated? "

>Also how do you turn off the "Create new List" via webpage ?

      Given that it requires the list admin password, why would you need to
turn it off?  If it really bothers you hack the code to kill it.

>Mailman is suffering from feature bloat, and is no longer suitable to many
>deployments.

      Funny, last week a there were complaints that Mailman lacked
important features.

another Paul