[Mailman-Users] Questions

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Apr 22 16:31:37 CEST 2004

Quoting texas critter - mailman-users (texascritter at ditb.net):
> Mailman also doesn't provide the ability to email only a portion of the
> member list.  You'd need to set up a separate list for each portion that
> you'd want to send different emails to, then (I think) you could set up an
> umbrella list to email all of them.

Not true.  You can set up "topics" in recent versions of Mailman, and
people can subscribe to as many or as few of the topics of that list as
they want.

For instance, my "copilot-announce" mailing list has two topics - the
CoPilot program itself, and the waypoint generator that provides navaid
data for the program.  People only interested in hearing when the next
version of CoPilot is coming out or what features it will have can
subscribe to the "CoPilot" topic, and people interested in hearing when
I've applied the FAA 56 day updates can subscribe to the "Generator"
topic.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a