[Mailman-Users] RE: Footer isn't At the Bottom of the E-mail; It's an Attachment

Steffen Mueller mailman-users at xonx.de
Tue Apr 27 12:14:06 CEST 2004

On 04/26/04 19:22 Paul Tomblin wrote:
> Quoting doug at hyperpiper.com (doug at hyperpiper.com):
>

>>Can anyone tell me where the setting is for the text “footer” so that it
>>DOESN’T show up as an attachment?
>

> As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the list.  If people send
> email that's dual html and plain text, or otherwise mime multipart, then
> the bit mailman attaches will be another attachment.  If they send plain
> text only, then it will be appended to the text.

Hi.

I'm running into same troubles. Every mail from my lists comes along
with footer attachment instead of appended plaintext.
I tried to send mails with my mozilla thunderbird, which uses plaintext:

To be sure, I did a simple telnet session on my mailserver on port 25
and sent a testmail to a list running on that server - without
mime/multipart of course.

Both mails come back from the list with the footer as attachment. and
that's not what I expect...

Thanks in advance you your suggestions.

I'm riding Mailman 2.1.4 on Debian Woody (2.1.4-1.backports.org.1), Exim
3.35

--
cheers,
Steffen