[Mailman-Users] Converting Majordomo archive files to Mailman archives?

John R. Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Aug 3 18:47:31 CEST 2004

Hi --

I just moved a small, but very long lived, mailing list system from
Majordomo to Mailman.  The basic conversion went just fine, thanks.

I have archives of the old lists going back almost ten years, and I'd
like to import those into the Mailman archiver.  They're stored in what
I think is standard mbox format (each message begins with a "From "
line) with each month's messages stored in a single file named something
like "list.0303" for the March, 2003 archives.

Is there a way to bring these into the Mailman archive system?

Thanks,

John

PS -- previously, these archives were processed by wilma/mhonarc/glimpse
to make a set of full-text searchable web archives, but for the new
system I'm thinking of just adding htdig or similar to the existing
Mailman archives rather than trying to maintain a separate system.