[Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

Eric Schmitz eschmitz at webbalah.net
Wed Aug 11 18:10:23 CEST 2004

Robert Echlin wrote:

> The page timed after about 15 minutes, and the python process disappeared.
>
> So I deleted the mailman/data/heldmsg-yourlistname-*.pck files - and I had
> to delete them in stages, as the infamous  "Argument list too long" message
> bit me.
>
> And now I tried again and it timed out again after another 15 minutes.
>
> What next?

    Beats me. Sounds like the problem is elsewhere, although I still
would bet that having those 20,000 files out of the way will help with
that page loading once you do find the actual problem. But I don't know
the "guts" of Mailman, so no idea what to suggest next. Sorry! I'll be
very interested to know if someone comes up with a fix.

-Eric Schmitz