[Mailman-Users] need help telling people how to set defaults

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Aug 15 14:46:49 CEST 2004

At 10:47 PM -0500 2004-08-14, marci and rex wrote:

>     I have currently defaulted everybody getting the  digests to plain
>  text  ( I originally defaulted everyone to MIME) .....the problem is
>  that ,  no matter how I set the defaults on my end , some of our
>  listers are getting styled mail  perfectly  while others are getting
>  either scrubbed attachments or attachments that have to be
>  individually opened...

	This is almost certainly an MUA problem.  Some understand
MIME-formatted digests, some don't.  And MIME formatting can cause
havoc with attachments, footers, HTML formatting, so-called "styled
text", etc....

	If you can force everyone to use precisely the same program (and
version) on precisely the same operating system (and version), you
might be able to find a solution to this problem through
trial-and-error.  Otherwise, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755