[Mailman-Users] Re: Charles..and question about looping bounces

marci and rex rxguitar at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 17:10:03 CEST 2004

Charles said: ( and then some!)
>I am sorry to have bothered you with my "crap" and I am resigning from the
>list.
>Charles

HI Charles, ( if youre still here)
  I understand your frustration. I have come from  running a mailing list
with very few options ( that also let in spam and viruses and ALL kinds of
garbage) to a Mailman mailing list with so many options I dont know what to
do...and yes, sometimes the admins here can be a little brusque... In their
defense , running a mailing list where you are answering the same questions
over and over again and most of the time  because people just didnt DANG
READ can  cause an admin's eyeballs to burst into flames at times.. ( I
keep a fire extinguisher by my monitor for those times when it happens
repeatedly on my own mailinglist.... and I also have a little sign up
saying:" Listers! Ya gotta love "em! Ya cant strangle "em ")
    The problem is, that by venting 6 times and not bothering to edit all
the headers  and such in your emails, you have subjected the rest of us on
this list to miles and miles of tirade...We all know where youre coming
from....but , guy, ONCE would have been enough.....
    OK, on to MY tirade ... ( grin ) .....
  Im dealing with a host who has changed the Mailman defaults so that when
I get  great suggestions from the list, ( thank you !) I go to our Mailman
pages and  find that they have removed all of those wonderful options!
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
   My latest  ( Ongoing ) problem is that my partner and I have emails set
up for our domain ...eg.
myname at ppio.com  ... the mail is bouncing ( probably because we are running
it  through another server .... mine is comcast.net  .... ) ... We are
getting knocked off our own mailing list because of bounces... In the
interest of brevity, I wont send all the headers ( if you need them, I will
) ...
  BAsic error message Im getting is this:
  Action: Subscription disabled.
Reason: Excessive or fatal bounces.
The triggering bounce notice is attached below.
This message is looping: it already has my Delivered-To line. (#5.4.6)
  ( and yes, I searched the FAQs and couldnt find anything )
marci