[Mailman-Users] Delete posting without shell access

Jeff Barger jeff at look.net
Tue Aug 24 21:05:05 CEST 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 2:45 PM, John W. Baxter wrote:

> I think there is little choice for the future but to make more of the
> bin/xxx capabilities, and archive management, available by means other
> than
> shell access.

While I'm all for such additions I doubt you'll see anything like that
soon. Maybe with 3.0?

> So list services providers need to be able to make things like "remove
> this
> message from the archive" and many other things available to the list
> managers directly, rather than the way we do it ($75 per hour for
> "special
> engineering services").

This is something you should consider when you choose a provider. I
work for such a provider (which will be nameless) and I consider doing
things like this as part of our 'service'. Deleting/changing a message
in the mbox and running 'arch' to rebuild the archive only takes a few
moments of my time.

-Jeff