[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.5 subject line problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Aug 30 18:42:10 CEST 2004

Previously you wrote:

>It only an example with windows-1275 (sic) cp. The same result if i code letter with iso-8859-13. (i tried to switch on quoted printable and Base 64 coding but it does not work also.We still think problem is in Mailman and exclusively in 2.1.5 version because ealier version worked well.

Now you seem to be saying that if you specify iso-8859-13 as the
characterset of your message, Mailman accepts and delivers it, but if
you specify windows-1257 Mailman discards the message.

Which is it?

If messages are being discarded solely because they specify
windows-1257 charset and not if they specify iso-8859-13, then this
would seem to be a Mailman bug.

I have done some testing with Mailman 2.1.4 (haven't upgraded to 2.1.5
yet) and I can't duplicate your problem. If I send a post with an
8-bit character in the subject (not encoded), the Bcc: I send myself
comes back with the raw 8-bit character in the subject and the list
post coms back with the subject encoded as:

Subject: [Test]
=?iso-8859-1?q?trying_to_screw_it_up_-=3E=C0=3C-_bad_char?=
	=?iso-8859-1?q?acter?=

I don't know if Mailman or some MTA along the way did this.

Likewise if I send a post with your example windows-1257 subject, i.e.