[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.5 subject line problem

Rimgaudas Laucius rimga at ktl.mii.lt
Mon Aug 30 18:20:21 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fuzzy" <fuzzy at pooh.ASARian.org>
To: "Rimgaudas Laucius" <rimga at ktl.mii.lt>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.5 subject line problem

> I think you're missing what Mark and Brad are saying.
>
> By putting non-ascii characters, (things not in the US-ASCII
> character set), in the subject, you're forcing your MUA to
> translate them into the "gibberish" you've been talking about.
>
> If you do not put those characters in the subject,
> the MUA does not have to convert them to be standards
> compliant.
>
> Mailman has nothing to do with what characters you choose
> to put in the subject field, (which are restricted by
> standards).

Exactly!!! Mailman has nothing to do with message. It gets correct coded message with only ASCII characters and it needs only forward it to mailing list participants, but it rejects. And problem is that it scans message subject and if finds ?windows goes madden.
I want to note that many people uses windows coding and you could not force them all to switch to ISO.