[Mailman-Users] resent-to possibly gets a message through moderation?

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Dec 31 01:00:08 CET 2004

Hello.

I am running several mailing lists using mailman. Latest available
debian package.

A member of one of my mailing lists got a spam message (it was confirmed
on several levels).

We are not yet exactly sure how it happened, but the result was him
re-sending the message to the list, carbon-copied from the spam.

Here is what I suspect caused mailman to accept the message without
moderation, even though the FROM: address is not subscribed:

From: "inquisitorRobbins" <widowhoodCorbett at coachdriverswithen.com>

If it isn't it and I completely mis-understood what happened, or you
require any further information to find out how mailman let this email
through, please let me know. I am somewhat worried.

Thank you for your help,

	Gadi Evron.