[Mailman-Users] group mismatch error

Sean Butler sean at 2sparrows.org
Wed Feb 4 20:43:44 CET 2004

Here is the error I continue to get, no matter what I try:

Feb  4 14:37:10 east postfix/local[77072]: 0EC763E4B:
to=<church at 2sparrows.org>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (Command
died with status 2: "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post church". Command
output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to
be executed as group "daemon", but the system's mail server executed the
mail script as group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "daemon", or re-run configure,  providing the command line
option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'. )

Here is what I have done since I first started getting this:

1.  make deinstall; make --with-mail-gid=mailman; make instll

	still same problem

2.  modified the /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman file to look like
     this:

	-rwxrwsr-x  1 root  mailman  18504 Feb  3 16:16 mailman

     It was group dameon before.  After the change, I still get the
     same errors.

3.  Ran check_perms with a -f:

	directory permissions must be 02775: /usr/local/mailman/lists/church (fixing)
        /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bad group (has: daemon, expected
mailman) (fixing)

      Still the same error as above.

check_perms now shows no errros, yet I still can't send mail to
church at 2sparrows.org.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean