[Mailman-Users] mailman not working

Li, LC lilc79 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 08:41:51 CET 2004

I installed mailman into redhat linux 9 using up2date and follwed all final installation instructions including restart apache, create site password, set DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST, create lists, start mailman daemon, add cron job... I can load every page from a browser, can create list, subscribe...

However, when I post to the the post address mylist at domain.com, it got bounced back because of unknown user "mylist". If I turn on my site's email catch feature I can get the email sent to mylist as regular email (forwarded to my mail email account), suggesting the mailman is not listening for incoming post. I restart mailman which make no difference.

Any advice? Thank you.

Long