[Mailman-Users] Extracting and Replacing Membership Lists

TaliesinSoft (James L. Ryan) taliesinsoft at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 19:27:18 CET 2004

I've recently created several mailing lists, all of which are hosted by
sitecontrol.hostway.com and which are managed via a web browser which
in my instance is Safari on a Macintosh.

What I would like to be able to do is to extract the entirety of the
membership list so that it can be revised locally on my computer, after
which it would totally replace the current membership list. As things
stand I find that managing the list through the limited 30 members at a
time interface extremely tedious and time consuming. Being able to
insert the list into a spreadsheet, make whatever revisions are needed,
and then extract the necessary components of the list and replace them
online would be far easier.

Is there a way to extract the membership list information in a manner
suitable for inclusion in a spreadsheet, and is there a way to replace
the membership list from such a spreadsheet.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.