[Mailman-Users] move a list over servers

john walsh john_coach at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 20:12:13 CET 2004

Hi,

If I am moving an existing mailman from one server to another - what files
do I need to copy ?

The new server will be setup the same as the old server, same dir layout...
but may
be a different kernel/linux (or even mailman, but all post 2.1.2).

I was looking in the mailman home directory, and as far as I can see
the only directories which contain any data for a list are:

archives/
lists/
logs/

So if I make a clean installation of mailman on my new server, and then copy
over those
directories from the old server - will that work ?

Thanks,
John.