[Mailman-Users] Non-membr submissions & regex's

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 6 17:32:01 CET 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Chris> I'm trying to put a regex in the non-member submission list.  I'm
>     Chris> my case I put in
>
>     Chris>      ^*@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>
>     Chris> which, if I understand this correctly, should allow the list to
>     Chris> accept all addresses in my domain and post them.  It ain't
>     Chris> working.
>
> The star isn't repeating anything.  Try
>
>     ^.*@nmr\.mgh\.harvard\.edu
>
> instead.  (Dunno if the ^ is required or not.  It may perform match()
> instead of search() calls.)
>
> --

     DAM.  I really NEED to get new glasses.  Problem is I just did.
Thank you.  Working now.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Doctors don't save lives.  The best they can hope
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |to do is save life.  Not the same thing.  Me