[Mailman-Users] Trouble avoiding footer as attachment

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Jul 11 15:18:58 CEST 2004

At 2:56 PM +0200 2004-07-11, Jan Eri wrote:

>  Can't really expect all my users to handle the neccessary MUA config.
>  Sounds like I have to give up on this?

	The difference in charsets and content-transfer-encoding would
have to be fixed.  You can't mixe the two in the same bodypart, which
is why Mailman is taking the text/plain message and appending another
text/plain bodypart and shipping all that out as a multipart/mixed.

	If you can figure out how to get the charsets and
content-transfer-encoding to be the same between input messages and
what Mailman creates for the footer, you should be fine.

	I'll try to update the FAQ to reflect these additional difficulties.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755