[Mailman-Users] Problems with virus spoofing to customer lists

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jul 21 21:37:29 CEST 2004

At 11:23 AM -0700 2004-07-21, Alexander Storman wrote:

>  We are looking for a way to password protect sending of messages in Mailman.
>  Is there a way to setup a password inside the email body for outgoing
>  messages?

	I'm not aware of anything, no.

>  Do I have any options other than forcing a moderation flag on all users and
>  making list administrators approve these via the web interface?

	Within mailman, that's the only solution I know of.

>  What are other people doing in this situation?

	IMO, the better solution is to implement anti-virus scanning
software on your mail server, so that these things are caught and
dealt with before they ever get the chance of getting to Mailman.

	The information at
is oriented towards using amavisd and SpamAssassin in an anti-spam
configuration, but you can also use amavisd to tie into anti-virus
scanning solutions, such as ClamAV.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755