[Mailman-Users] Problems with virus spoofing to customer lists

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jul 21 21:37:29 CEST 2004

At 11:23 AM -0700 2004-07-21, Alexander Storman wrote:

>  We are looking for a way to password protect sending of messages in Mailman.
>  Is there a way to setup a password inside the email body for outgoing
>  messages?

	I'm not aware of anything, no.

>  Do I have any options other than forcing a moderation flag on all users and
>  making list administrators approve these via the web interface?

	Within mailman, that's the only solution I know of.

>  What are other people doing in this situation?

	IMO, the better solution is to implement anti-virus scanning
software on your mail server, so that these things are caught and
dealt with before they ever get the chance of getting to Mailman.

	The information at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.012.htp>
is oriented towards using amavisd and SpamAssassin in an anti-spam
configuration, but you can also use amavisd to tie into anti-virus
scanning solutions, such as ClamAV.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755