[Mailman-Users] Dating Ring

zzizzle.com zzizzle at zzizzle.com
Mon Jul 26 16:09:42 CEST 2004

I am building a dating system called Nerdlicious.com and I have a few
questions:

1) I wanted to set it up so the emails of people posting to the group
are covered up, but when members reply, it gets sent to the poster's
email automatically - The replyer's email address is then revealed to
that person only, and they can email from there if they are a good
match.  When I insert the reply address to use to cover up the
anonymous posters' email address, I would guess I would lose that
ability.  Any suggestions?

2) I want groups separated by city, so people in Atlanta can join one
group, people in NYC another, etc.  And one each for straight / gay
male / gay female, so I ended up creating many, many separate
discussion lists.  I get the feeling that I could be accomplishing this
by setting up topics, or using the MAIL/NEWS gateways or some kind of
content filtering, where people could choose which types of messages
they want to receive.  Any suggestions?

3) I was also curious how secure these lists are from hackers... if
anyone has built them for kids, if the security is high enough to
attempt that.

Thanks a lot guys!
Jonathan
zzizzle.com - Adventures in Human Happiness.™