[Mailman-Users] How can I update 2.1.3 --> 2.1.5?

Ian A B Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 18:44:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

How can I update 2.1.3 --> 2.1.5?

I know this question was asked last month, but I'm afraid I didn't
understand the answer.

I'm using the source download on Solaris (presumably, if I had a package it
would be easier, and it would include specific documentation, but I don't).
Oh, and I did the original installation, so I know about local hacks and so
on.

Now, one message said to check the UPDATES file. I have, but as far as I
can see, it doesn't actually say what to do to update. It does give some
advice about shutting down the MTA and the web site, and some other tips
about what to do *while* upgrading, but doesn't describe the basic
procedure.

In last month's thread, this message was posted, but I don't understand it.
is "make install" supposed to replace "make update", or follow it, or what?

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team