[Mailman-Users] Bouncing e-mails

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 8 13:12:47 CEST 2004

At 6:28 AM -0500 2004-06-07, Nick Lance wrote:

>  I am having a problem with Mailman, in that about a week ago, the postings
>  made to the list started bouncing.  First, it seemed that a few of the
>  addresses bounced, then more and more.  Now, about 5 people out of 350 are
>  actually getting the e-mail, the rest are bouncing.  Some addresses have
>  been disabled.  My host reset the disabled setting so that no more are
>  getting disabled, but all the e-mail messages are still bouncing.

	You need to find out why they're bouncing.  You need to check the
log files on the mail server (not Mailman), and you need to take a
look at the bounce messages that are coming back.

	This isn't really a Mailman problem per se, it's a problem of a
system generating multitudes of bounces somewhere, and Mailman taking
that and un-subscribing your users as a result.

	You need to find and fix the cause of the bounces, and then
Mailman should work as intended.