[Mailman-Users] Bouncing e-mails

Nick Lance nlance at hal-pc.org
Mon Jun 7 13:28:14 CEST 2004

I am a volunteer that maintains a Mailman e-mail list for a high school
band, i.e., I'm not very knowledgeable about Mailman.

I am having a problem with Mailman, in that about a week ago, the postings
made to the list started bouncing.  First, it seemed that a few of the
addresses bounced, then more and more.  Now, about 5 people out of 350 are
actually getting the e-mail, the rest are bouncing.  Some addresses have
been disabled.  My host reset the disabled setting so that no more are
getting disabled, but all the e-mail messages are still bouncing.

Things I've tried:  I deleted the list and started a list with the same
name, just in case some of the settings had been corrupted.  That didn't
help.   I started a new list with a new name and just signed up myself and
my husband.  I was able to post a message to us successfully.  I then signed
up all the other members.  When I sent out a message to the list then, it
bounced.  I tried deleting members, 50 at a time, to see if the list had
gotten too large, but that didn't help.

I'd appreciate some help, if you have any ideas.