[Mailman-Users] Reply-to in umbrella lists

Martin mailman at pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jun 8 14:35:23 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>>	I believe that this question has been asked on the mailing list
>>before, but I don't recall if there was a solution, or what the
>>solution was.  I'd encourage you to search the archives.

I have asked this question already but got no answer

>>	Thinking about this, one thing you might be able to do would be
>>set a forced reply-to header for the umbrella list, and then do not
>>set any reply-to header in any of the sublists.

I this case I have no reply-header when I send directly to the
sublist

>>	Alternatively, you could have each of the sub-lists set their
>>reply-to header to point back to the umbrella list.

When I send directly to a sublist normally the replies should only
go to the sublist and not to any umbrella list

>>	In theory, one of the other of those should have the desired effect.

Now I solved the problem with procmail using the FAQ:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#4.15

and the following procmailrc entry:

RECIPIENT=`formail -zxTo:`

:0fwh
| formail -I "Reply-To: $RECIPIENT"

:0
|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post ${MAILMAN}

Martin