[Mailman-Users] -1 moderator request(s) waiting

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Jun 10 11:35:34 CEST 2004

On Jun 10, 2004, at 00:06, Kit Stube wrote:

> I just installed mailman and built a bunch of lists.  The owners of
> the lists are now daily recieving a message saying "-1 <listname>
> moderator request(s) waiting".

I think each list is expected to have a request.pck file, which always
contains at least one entry (which isn't really a request, but a tag
indicating the version number of the request database).

> When they click on the link and go to the page to do the moderator
> stuff the page does not have any moderator requests.   We are all very
> confused.  Any idea how to make this stop?

I can think of a number of ways to create the request.pck file for
lists that don't have one... including just copying an "empty"
(containing only the version tag) one from another list (or changing
cron/checkdbs to create one by closing the database after checking the
number pending and finding it to be -1).  Or do *anything* that really
does create a pending admin request.  :-)

Or the brute force approach:
$ bin/withlist -l mylistwithoutrequests
 >>> print m.NumRequestsPending()
-1