[Mailman-Users] mailman and exim4

Sebastian Schulz sebastian.schulz at pluto.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 13 11:26:33 CEST 2004

Bob wrote:

[...]

> This is what the instructions said, but exim doesn't recognize the new
> lists automatically. I had to create an alias set for the new list in
> /etc/aliases and run newaliases before the new list was recognized. I
> am not sure why, all the syntax' are correct, mailman is creating the
> lists, exim is doing the mail, but it is not recognizing without the
> alias file. No clues in the log files either, that I could see.

[...]

> Thank you for responding, it did help. Any clues, though, on why exim
> won't recognize the new lists automatically?

Have you checked your system_aliases router? Here's the default router
which comes with my installation:

system_aliases:
  debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = redirect
  domains = +local_domains
  allow_fail
  allow_defer
  data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
#  user = list
#  group = daemon
  file_transport = address_file
#  pipe_transport = address_pipe        ###### Piping to programs is
should be disabled!!!
# directory_transport = address_directory

Try to disable pipe_transport or to place the mailman router before the
system_aliases router.  Works fine on my system :-)

regards
seb