[Mailman-Users] Load-balancing Mailman in LVS cluster

Guy Waugh gwaugh at scu.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 06:10:16 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm a new user of Mailman, and a new subscriber to this list.

I want to set up Mailman in a load-balanced fashion on two servers
running within an LVS (linux virtual server) cluster. I want the two
servers to act as the same Mailman instance. The two servers will mount
an NFS shared directory from a third server, and the NFS mount will, I
guess, contain the shared Mailman stuff. I've found a few things on the
web about load-balancing Mailman, but not much.

The following directories exist in $prefix/mailman:
archives *
bin
cgi-bin
cron
data *
icons
lists *
locks *
logs
mail
Mailman *
messages
pythonlib
qfiles
scripts
spam
templates
tests

Can anybody suggest which of these directories should be NFS shared
between the two servers? To me, it looks like good candidates would be
those that I have marked with an * ...

Further, is anyone running Mailman in a load-balanced fashion like this?
Any hints/tricks/tips?

Thanks in advance,
Guy.