[Mailman-Users] Attachments MIA?

Bob Bernstein bernstein at cesmail.net
Tue Mar 23 06:37:12 CET 2004

I am the list admin for one Mailman(2.1.2) list on a system
wherein I do not have root access. Messages sent with attachments
appear to vanish, with some "getting through" and others not. This
doesn't seem to be a function of the attachment type, or the
sender's MUA.

Then, in a gush, a whole bunch of them will appear at once, with
attachments intact! The system owner doesn't understand the
problem, but says that running a 'check_perms' script seems to fix
it temporarily. (I've asked him if his running that script freed
up that whole bunch of "lost" messages with attachments, but I
haven't heard back from him yet...)

I have content filtering 'on', max message length set to 150K, no
entries in filter_mime_types, and the following in pass_mime_types:

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain
text/html
image/gif
image/jpeg
image/png
audio/x-wav

We like attachments (not too big, please) on this list! Therefore,
any suggestions would be most welcome indeed...we're trying to
make good an escape from Yahoo.

Best regards,

--
Bob Bernstein

   "A modern philosopher who has never once suspected himself of being a
    charlatan must be such a shallow mind that his work is probably not
    worth reading."                            Leszek Kolakowski