[Mailman-Users] mailman slow all of a sudden

Hennie Rautenbach hennie at sabinet.co.za
Tue Mar 23 08:03:51 CET 2004

Hi there,

I am running 4 different mailman lists on a Debian Linux box using
mailman-2.1.4 with postfix as the MTA.

Three of the mailing lists are low subscribers and one has about 200
subscribers. Since last week all of a sudden I am having problems with
the 200 sub mailing list. The others are fine. Posts take a few hours to
appear whereas with the others they are near instantaneous. I also have
symptoms of browser hangs when trying to access the administrative
interface. Shutting down mailman and clearing the locks doesn't clear
the problem. There is still a significant delay after a restart.

Question. Where can I start looking to determine what is introducing the
delay in the queue ? Is there a way to determoine if something is stuck
in the queue somewhere that needs to be removed manually ?

Do any of you have any pointers of where the culprit may be ? It seems
very strange that posts were processed almost immediately a few days ago
and now they take forever ?

Looking forward to your advice.

Best regards,

Hennie

 Hennie Rautenbach                 Work:  http://www.sabinet.co.za
 082-556-1191                      Play:  http://www.overland.co.za

When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is
practicing, and when you meet him he will win.  -- Ed Macauley

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by Sabinet Online
Limited unless expressly stated otherwise.