[Mailman-Users] Member receiving digests and individual mail

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue May 4 02:07:49 CEST 2004

At 11:54 AM +1200 2004/05/04, Jen Crawford wrote:

>  I've recently begun a list using Mailman. One of my members has complained
>  that she's being sent individual mail as well as digests, despite having
>  selected digests. She also says she's getting duplicates as well, though
>  she's selected 'no dupes'. I've checked her options and they're fine, so in
>  the meantime I've suggested she unsubscribe and resubscribe. Is there any
>  reason this could be happening?

	What do your logs say?  Are you delivering duplicate copies of
messages to her?

	Have you gotten her to send you complete samples of the
duplicates, including all headers intact?  Comparing the headers is a
good way to figure out where the duplication is occurring -- there
might be a flaw in your mail server causing these problems (unlikely,
as you'd probably have other users also complaining), or a flaw in
her mail server.  Or maybe a flaw somewhere between.

	It could also be something as simple as people sending a copy of
a reply to a message to the list, as well as a copy directly to her.
So far as Mailman could tell, it hasn't sent her a copy of that
message, so it would send her another one.