[Mailman-Users] More on news server errors

Con Wieland cwieland at uci.edu
Wed May 12 02:33:11 CEST 2004

My problem is I get the following error:

May 11 14:55:01 2004 (23921) error opening connection to nntp_host:
(146, 'Connection refused')

It looks like Mailman is trying to connect to  my newserver on port 146
if I'm reading this right. My *nix host is set to nntp on port 119.
Port 119 does appear to work, I am able to make a connection to the
news server when I telnet to it on that port 119 but  receive a similar
looking error when I telnet port 146.

directory.nac.uci.edu% telnet news.service.uci.edu 146
Trying 128.200.15.230...

I have not been able to find any mailman configurations to change this.

Any ideas?
Con Wieland