[Mailman-Users] suggest about default at admindb.py from DEFER to DISCARD

Andres Seco Hernandez AndresSH at alamin.org
Thu May 13 00:31:57 CEST 2004

Hi all

I have not found a link to send this wish as a bug in the bug tracking
system at sf.net. I am sorry. Perhaps this is not the correct way, but i
will try it.

As a lot of pending request to mailman lists are from automatic virus or
spammers, sometimes is necesary (because of the volume) to have a
default option at DISCARD of the pending messages. Any time i update
mailman i need to patch manually admindb.py at line 393 from

(1, 0, 0, 0))

(0, 0, 0, 1))

that is, i need to DISCARD pending messages to avoid great grow of it
(too much spam and too much virus). I can not read about 1000 messages
per week looking for valid messages from people not subscribed to the
list when almost all messages (really all the messages) are not valid
and i want to discard all of it.

It may be a good option to be added in the config page of a list (do you
want pending messages to be discarded by default?).

Thanks a lot for this good mail list manager.

--
Andres Seco Hernandez
	http://andressh.net
	mailto:AndresSH at alamin.org