[Mailman-Users] Group mismatch error

David Blomquist dbl at tentra.com
Wed May 19 21:22:45 CEST 2004

I am getting the following error message but my mail server (Postfix) is
not set up as group "apache". Anybody have an idea why I am getting this
error message?

This is the Postfix program at host 'my.mail.host.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

                        The Postfix program

<mb_two-request at my.mail.host.com>: Command died with status 2:
    "/var/mailman/mail/mailman request mb_two". Command output: Group
mismatch
    error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as
one of
    the following groups: [mail, nobody, mailman], but the system's mail
server
    executed the mail script as group: "apache". Try tweaking the mail
server
    to run the script as one of these groups: [mail, nobody, mailman],
or
    re-run configure providing the command line option:
    '--with-mail-gid=apache'.

Thanks,

David