[Mailman-Users] Stopping all moderation

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Tue Nov 2 14:28:16 CET 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> > However, I can find no way to reject those messages outright - they always
> > get sent for moderation and the poster gets a message saying it is being
> > considered.  I would prefer it got dropped and the poster told the message
> > was too big.
> How do you moderate those messages? If you are using older version of
> Mailman and put some in bounce_matching_headers, you should upgrade to
> 2.1.5 and use new header_filter_rules to reject or discard them.

I am on v2.1.5.  Right now the attachments are moderated by size.  I have
it set to 2M.  Anything below goes through - anything above gets put in
the moderate queue.  That is what I don't want.   I'd much rather anything
below 2M go through, anything above 2M gets dropped outright.

> Also, the next release will have ability to "scrub" the attachments in
> pipermail archive area. This was developed for use in message archiving

Not exactly the solution I'm looking for.    A little more broad than
wanted.

I guess what I'm really looking for is something similar to the
generic_nonmember_action tag which allows me to choose what happens when a
message breaks the rules.  In that case, I can tell it to reject the
message alltogether.     I guess a tag like message_toobig_action or
any_message_that_would_require_moderation_action - or similar
functionality.   Times like this knowing python might help I guess :)