[Mailman-Users] Password Reminder Bounces?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 2 18:23:41 CET 2004

Speedy Gonzalis wrote:

>I am wondering what action if any is taken by Mailman v2.1.x when a password reminder bounces.  Is it tracked anywhere?  Will the bouncing address eventually be removed from the lists it is a member of?

Password reminders are sent from the "site" list, and most people they
are sent to aren't members of the site list, so the bounces if any are
probably ignored (I don't know this for sure) unless they are
unrecognized in which case they would be handled according to Bounce
Processing settings for the site list.

Presumably this is only an issue for people who have disabled all their
list e-mail since others would be picked up by normal list bounce
processing and eventually disabled and deleted assuming the list(s)
they are members of do bounce processing.