[Mailman-Users] mailman on 2 servers
kclair at serve.com
Wed Nov 3 21:29:10 CET 2004
I set this up with no problem - but the key was that the webserver and
mailserver share a network file system. I installed mailman into
/home/mailman, which both servers mount. Then I set up apache as per
the installation instructions and started the qrunner on the mailserver.
The webserver handles the web requests and the mailserver sends out all
Of course you need to make sure that both servers have all the proper
users and groups, etc, set up for mailman to run.
I don't really know how you'd do it without some shared filesystem...
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:53:59PM -0600, Troy Richard wrote:
- Here is what I'm trying to do I would like to know if anyone has done
- this. Right I have a mail server that handles all my incoming and out
- going mail along with all my web request. So right now my server is a
- mail and web server.
- What I would like to do is split off the web server on to its own machine.
- So that I have a server that is dedicated to mail and one that is
- dedicated to web.
- I have tried this once before without much success in getting mailman to
- run on the web server and still send mail.
- Has anyone successfully set this up and if so what tricks to I need to do
- to get it to work correctly.
- Mailman-Users mailing list
- Mailman-Users at python.org
- Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
- Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/
More information about the Mailman-Users