[Mailman-Users] problem with group mailman

Saber Zrelli zrelli at jaist.ac.jp
Thu Nov 4 06:37:59 CET 2004

Hi folks ,

I just installed mailman in my FreeBSD box ,
everything went allright , except this :
when some user sends a registration confirmation , he recieves a mail
containing the following error report :

"|/usr/local/www/data/mailman/mail/mailman request jaist"
    (reason: 8)
    (expanded from: <jaist-request at thunder.jpcert.cc>)

Failure to find group name mailman.  Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-mail-gid.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 8

This error message says that the system does not contain the group "mailman" , but when I check in my password and group files , I can see that i have a user "mailman" and a group "mailman" .

thanks for any suggestions .

--
Saber