[Mailman-Users] Member and password database

PeteBell macbantam at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 17 16:02:43 CET 2004

On 17 Nov 2004, at 14:39, PeteBell wrote:

Further to my problems with this (kindly addressed by Brad, Mark & Jim,
the other thing which occurs to me is that at the moment a member of a
list is asked to log in when either changing his/her option settings,
seeing the members list (if set up to be visible to members only), or
to see the archive (if members only).

If I could find a way that a member could log in, thereby downloading
the session-long cookie, but NOT being taken to either of the above
mailman-generated pages, I still wouldn't need to get involved with
having my own mailman installation.

Do you know if this would be possible to do?

Cheers
Pete Bell, UK