[Mailman-Users] Content filtering

Hong Jiang Tian htian at ias.edu
Tue Nov 23 16:38:34 CET 2004

Mark,

>If you are willing to allow all text/plain parts, whether the primary
>part or an attachment, you can do that and strip everything else.
I tested it as follows:
pass_mime_types:
  multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
  text/plain

It works well to strip all attachments except the text/plain attachments.
But I still has a question. Is it possible to flatten the text/plain
attachments by "content filtering", so the text/plain attachments will
append to the primary part. I found that DEMIME flatten the attachments.

>If you want to strip all attachments including content-type text/plain
>attachments while allowing the primary text/plain part to go to the
>list, then the answer is no - you can't do that with content filtering
>as it exists.
If I couldn't use "content filtering" to strip text/plain attachments, did
you know which tools can do it?

Thanks very much for your help!
Hong