[Mailman-Users] How to get status of the progress of sending to a large list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Nov 23 23:49:33 CET 2004

At 5:05 PM -0500 2004-11-23, Steve Wehr wrote:

>  I'm using Mailman to create mailing lists for some unsophisticated clients,
>  and this feature was very reassuring to them that their email really got to
>  all the list members.
>
>  Is there anything like this I can setup with Mailman??

	You can run external log processing scripts that will take the
syslog data generated by your MTA and turn that into a report which
they might potentially be able to make some sense of.  However, this
is not integrated into Mailman.

	If you want to see what's possible here, your options will vary
depending on your MTA.  If you're using postfix, take a look at
"pflogsumm" (see <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/postfix_contrib.html>).
One MTA-independant method is to use "lire" from logreport.org.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755