AW: [Mailman-Users] Unable to get Mailman up and running withqmail/vpopmail

DIGITAL FOR YOU - Alexander Schwethelm info at digital4u.de
Wed Nov 24 01:38:07 CET 2004

Hi there,

Sorry, it took me while to reply to your detailed and nice email, but I
needed to do some more investiagtion.

First of all I was partly able to send mail to a list on my machine, I'll
shortly explain, because it still is not configured correctly.  It would be
great I somebody could even answer some of my questions as this would
already make the picture clearer for me.

1. I re-configured mailman with "--with-mail-gid=vchkpw".  Here I am not
sure what would be correct and how this influences the installation/system.
So what should I use there mailman or vchkpw???

2. I know created a "/home/vpopmail/domains/mailman" for my .qmail files.
Before I either created /home/vpopmail/domains/mylist.domain.tld or droped a
.qmail file directly into /var/mailman.  What is correct here?

3. Putting "|/usr/bin/python /var/mailman/qmail-to-mailman.py" in either
".qmail-default" or ".qmail-mylist" doesn't work.  What works is putting
"|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mylist" into .qmail-mylist, but it would be
impossible to add for each list all those aliases.  What am I doing wrong?
Is there maybe something wrong with my "qmail-to-mailman.py"-file?

4. Also, but not as important, I am already wondering why there is always a
text file attached to each message  (something like ATT00111.txt). This file
contains the listname, lists email address and the web link.  Why is that?

Thanks again and in advance for any support!!

Alex