[Mailman-Users] admindb error

pellis at trusecure.com pellis at trusecure.com
Sun Oct 10 08:58:03 CEST 2004

I'm running into an adbmindb error which, in checking the list archives,
I've seen numerous people ask for help with. Haven't seen any fix or
remedy, hope someone can assist me:

We're running mailman 2.0.13 (planning immediate upgrade to 2.1.5) on SuSE
9.1. I've just migrated a few dozen lists from a RedHat box over to the
SuSE box. Basically, all is well: mail flows properly, the archives look
good and mostly the admin interface works right. BUT: for moderated lists,
sometimes when I approve (or even reject) a post or posts I get a the old
500 "Internal Server Error server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration" etc. And apache error logs show: Premature end of script
headers: /home/mailman/cgi-bin/admindb.

Now, actualy, the approved posts Always Do get delivered in these cases,
which is good. But the behavior of the admin interface (error) is, of
course, unacceptable. Not the sort of thing I can have users struggling
with.

**---The other odd part is that this Only happens when I accept or reject
All the pending posts (including if there's only 1). If for instance,
there are 3 pending posts and I accept 1, reject 1, but leave the radio
button for the third one untouched, No Error Occurs. Hard to believe this
is a mailman, apache or postfix configuration error but I guess it could
be.

Is there a fix for this? Is it a known issue? If anyone knows, for
instance that this was fixed in a version subsequent to 2.0.13 I'd love to
know.

Server particulars:
--------------------
Mailman 2.0.13
OS: SuSE Linux Pro 9.1
Hardware: HP DL 360
Python 2.3.3
Apache 1.3.31
Postfix 2.0.19

Thanks much for any help anyone can provide.

Paul Ellis
Unix System Administrator
TruSecure Corporation
pellis at trusecure.com
703/480-8605

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.