[Mailman-Users] Re: 5000 on the list... Continued...

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sun Oct 10 20:33:01 CEST 2004

On 05:01 AM 10/10/2004, jean at dancecentral.com.au wrote:
>I have had an on-going problem... I have 5000 people on my list and only a
>minority was receiving the emails.
>After trying different things changing settings and sending test emails to
>the list... I figured out that if the list's default is Moderated, once
>the mail is accepted from the "pending moderator request" then for some
>reason not everyone gets the mail... if I leave the list unmoderated...
>everyone gets the email.
>Anyone aware of that ? Is there a way to fix that ?

         I have three large lists (1600 to 7000) running fully moderated
for over a year and have never experienced this problem, so I don't think
you have identified the problem.  Does setting it back to moderated
recreate the problem?

         I assume you have looked for similarities in the accounts that do
or do not get the mail when not all get it?

<>< Paul