[Mailman-Users] Listserv

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Oct 13 06:27:14 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 03:34:35PM -0700, Heather Carpenter wrote:
> I realize your products are free, however it would be great if we are able
> to insert a persons name next to their e-mail address in the list, and be
> able to export the list of members to an excel spreadsheet.  Your reply
> would be appreciated.

If you are using a Mailman 2.1.x version, each subscriber's entry
can include a full name.

You can list the members using the bin/list_members program
from the shell prompt on your Mailman server.  (Use the
--fullnames option to include the members' names.)

If you don't have shell access on the server, you can use a
script to visit the list administration pages and build a
list of subscribers.  (It also has a --fullnames option.)
  http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/