[Mailman-Users] attachment problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 20 17:43:12 CEST 2004

Evrim Saltoglu wrote:

>I'm using mailman version 2.1.5. I have two problems about attachments.
>
>1. When I send a mail from a webmail, in mail list it appears with an
>attachment like "Part 1.2", and in that attachment, there is the
>footer message we set for our mailing list. How can I remove this?

Read FAQ article 4.39

>2. When I want to send image attachments, it doesn't show anything, a
>blank mail comes to the list. Can you tell me the configurations I
>need to apply, to allow all types of image attchments...

Go to your list's Content filtering page.

If you want to allow anything, just set filter_content to no.

If you just want to allow plain text and image attachments, try the
following as a starting point

filter_content - Yes

filter_mime_types - empty

pass_mime_types - as follows

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
message/rfc822
text/plain
image/bmp
image/gif
image/jpeg
image/png
image/tiff

You may find you want other image/ content-types, but those above will
allow most images. You may or may not want images from
multipart/related parts in which case you can add multipart/related to
the above list.

You may also find that some users MUAs send some images as
application/octet-stream. This is wrong on their part - don't allow
this type unless you want to allow everything.

See also ftp://ftp.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/index.html

and the file named mime.types in your apache configuration (if you have
apache).