[Mailman-Users] Recent AOL thread

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Oct 22 03:57:56 CEST 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 6:06 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>> No.

Yes, actually.

>> That's not quite right, I don't think, because if the sender uses
>> Squirrelmail on my server,

actually, if the received lines have a blacklisted IP in it anywhere in
the chain, there's a good chance sites will block it. And yes, many of
them will report back YOUR IP address (as the one doing delivery) as
being blocked, even though they're blocking soemthing two or three hops
prior.

I've seen some amazingly badly written and stupid spam blocking stuff
out there. Much of which I write off as "hey, if your users are stupid
enough to let you get away with throwing that stuff at their email,
we'll, that's their problem". AOL is not immune to that kind of "your
admins are on drugs, or need them" feeling.