[Mailman-Users] per-user subject prefix

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 27 22:45:19 CEST 2004

Is there a way to enable/disable subject prefix (like the "[mailman-users]"
on this list) on a per-user basis? I like NOT having the prefix, as it
reduces the available space for content in the subject. But I get users
using web-based mail readers and those who can't use their client's filters
who want the decoration. What's an admin to do?

I'm using 2.1.5 on Fedora Core 2.

Just found in the FAQ something to enable message personalization:

<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.015.htp>

Will this do what I need? (Yeah, I'll try it, but might as well get the
answer into the archives for the next guy.)