[Mailman-Users] Creating an alternate UI to mailman

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sat Sep 4 02:30:46 CEST 2004

On Sep 4, 2004, at 03:15, Justin Rush wrote:

> 	I am trying to create a different UI to the mailman interface that
> meshes better with the current theme of our site.  I had planned on
> just creating a few php pages that access the various mailman
> binaries, mainly just to offer a different interface to the
> subscription page, ie. allow users to sign up for multiple mailing
> lists at once.  I found the subscribe binary, which works fine and
> even sends a welcome message out after subscribing a user.  However,
> it does not send out a confirmation email, which is quite esscential.
> Has anyone found a way around this?

If you are trying to avoid writing any new Python, one trick might be
to have the PHP page "submit" the original Mailman form rather than
trying to call a binary directly.  The PHP script could wait for the
Mailman return page and then create its own results page that is shown
to the end user.

The cleaner method is probably to write a small Python program that
uses the InviteNewMember() method of the mailing list.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/